Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh WOW...



I cannot believe this was still at my dads house. His place is like a treasure trove, where you can only become proverbially rich by finding sh*t thats hidden there if and only if you lived my exact life...to a tee. I heart 113th bet. Broadway and Riverside.


If you don't understand the gravity of this situation see HERE.

Oh...maybe if you lived Louis' life...maybe you could become proverbially rich then, too.


PS - there is also, at the end of this tape following "It Ain't Hard To Tell", a freestyle session of myself and Nick Puddington at 13 years old rhyming over Wu-Tang beats. Our regular pre-pubescent voices sound as if we sucked 47 helium balloons and we did it at our boy Jermaine's house - we all took turns recording while the other two waited out of the room because we were way too embarrassed to rhyme in front of each other. Golden. I will upload the audio if Nick signs a permission to release.

For underground 90's hip-hop heads, there are also 3 unreleased J-Live tracks that you will never hear following our freestyle session. I have to talk to J about those, because I don't even know that HE has them anymore. Yo J, remember that?..."End of Story"...original version of "Timeless"..."School's In" I think...you guys dubbed it right out of the mixing board for me at Rawshack during a session in 95 because I was in NO mood to go home on the train from BK without it. Lemme know!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so '90s. That tape brings back memories of traveling to Fordham Road to get the new DJ Clue, or anything else hustleman was selling right outside of Dr. Jays and Beat Street. Crazy how an old cassette tape with a written in label can bring back so many memories. I used to reuse those tapes to record future flavors w/ Pete Rock & Marley Marl on Sunday nights.

    Love how it's leaned up against an Obama pin too. Makes me reflect on changes since the early/mid '90s in hip-hop, technology, the country, myself and the people around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yooooo, future flavors. remember how dope it would be to get hyped of any new sh!t. it was all so good to us!

    And I'm glad the Obama touch evoked so many feelings, haha...I got my visionary on for that. Nah, I was really just trying to prove that I took the picture today and not in high school. But I'm subconciously deep I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo tony. please get nick to sign off on that... It would make my day to hear it! -jenny

    ReplyDelete